Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Inspiration and Kicking This Morning in the Face

Fuck you morning, I am wide awake. Wide. A. Wake.

My roommate got a fancy new blender and, despite it being incredibly cranky and hard to clean, it makes a great smoothie.  For the next little while, I think breakfast will be breakfast smoothies.  I'll get the exact recipe from him later, but for now, this is what I imagine the recipe to be:

Banana
Fruit Juice
Crapload of frozen strawberries
Chia seeds

Just to make things interesting (read: awesome) he puts in some matcha powder.  You can really only taste it a little bit, since it's pretty much overpowered by the strawberries, but it still hits you like a matcha should.  That, combined with a cup of tea that I had before I remembered what breakfast was, has me awake now, but luckily not totally wired.

Side note:  make sure you brush your teeth after drinking one of these if you have anyone to impress right away.  The seeds keep getting stuck in my teeth.


Finally, inspiration.  I'm just not as inspired to talk about tea as much anymore.  I've gotten comfortable with my tea-drinking habits.  I'm not trying as much new stuff, so I'm not writing about it as much.  I don't want to just keep a daily log of tea I've had every day like I used to.  That just turns into two-three months of me saying "Started the day off with [insert tea]".  I go through predictable phases.  I've developed favorites.  I don't have as much to write about anymore.

This makes me kind of sad.

I want to find a way to make myself excited to write about tea again, but if I'm only writing about my own experiences currently, there's not much to write about.

I guess I just need to go get me some more experiences, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment