Sunday, November 13, 2011

One Tea, Two Tea, Free (ish) Tea!

For the last few days, instead of starting off the day with a cup of Hot Rod (World Tea House), I've been starting with a cup of my new favorite, coconut cocoa pu-ehr.  I swear, this stuff brews at super speed; It goes from clear water to black-as-my-soul (when I'm not looking at kittens) in no time at all.
Add some milk and it's roughly the colour of my soul whilst I gaze at kittens.

Normally, I don't like to add any milk or sugar to any teas, but the coco-choco tastes great with a little bit of both.  Of course, it tastes great on its own too, as long as you don't steep it too long.
It gives a good second steep as well, which I found out yesterday after heading up World Tea House for my lunch break.

Funny totally un-related story:  My mother packed my lunch and left it for me.  I picked it up as I was about to leave, realized I had forgotten my phone, and went back to get it.  When I went back I put the bag with my lunch down, and ran around to find my phone.  Turns out it was actually already in my bag.  I grab my lunch on my way out and head to work.

I had grabbed the wrong bag.  This was not the nice, fresh lunch my mother had packed.  This was an old bag that should have been thrown out a small eternity ago.  I didn't realize until I opened the sandwhich bag and my (horribly stuffed up) nose protested that I realized my error. Ew ew ew ew.  It quickly turned into a Burrito Jax kind of day.

Lessons to be learned from this not-at-all tea related story:

Don't bring old lunches home if you don't actually plan on eating them. That's really gross.
Look at your food before you start eating it.
Burrito Jax is our saviour.  Also, the spicy food helped clear out my stuffy nose, so there's the silver lining.

Back to the tea:

While I was chowing down on my burrito, I had a cup of white guava ginger.  I wanted white because I needed one more white tea to fill out my adventure card to get a free tea but I always have white coconut creme, so I wanted to have something different.  Phil said that ginger was good if you were sick.  I mentioned that it might not be the best idea if you have a sore throat, unless you've got some licorice in there.

Anyway, my throat was feeling better, and the white guava ginger isn't super gingery anyway, so that's what I had.  I'm really not a hard sell when it comes to teas, am I?

After work I headed up and met with the usual gang, one of which was also germ-infested and getting over the cold too.  I still say that I caught it from him.  He says he caught it from me.  We may never know the truth, but rarely is the truth ever actually necessary for settling arguments.

After that there was nachos, ice cream, painkillers, and much bitching about our city's mayor, but that's another story.

That's all for now.

'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment