Sunday, March 18, 2012

Easy Teasy!

Remember when I said that if I married any type of tea I'd be unfaithful?

Well, being such an easy tea drinker (Let's call it being teasy) is not without benefits!
I popped into World Tea House after a very good Yoga class at Serpentine Studios (which I am still recovering from today) and found a lovely surprise waiting for me:  A new teapot!



Turns out that Phil had a secret contest where to see who had the most completed adventure cards.  The whole aim of the cards is not only to reward loyal customers, but to get those customers to try different kinds of tea.  Once you've filled out all of the sections, you can get a free tea of your choice.

I don't feel bad revealing what the secret contest was, because I have no idea what his next secret contest will involve.  Maybe it'll be a draw from whoever has gives him cupcakes...

I'd be lying if I didn't think the odds were just a teensy bit in my favor with this contest that just passed, what with me being so Teasy and all.  Ha! My wild tea drinking ways have served me well!

I'm really happy for the new pot, and not just because it would have cost me $50.
I only had a small pot that holds two cups, and a tea pinch for just one cup.  I didn't have anything for any occasion where I might serve tea to than one guest.  With my new pot, I can now throw a wild, wild tea party!  Plus it matches the set of glass cups that I picked up in December.  How awesome is that?

Before I left I chatted with Phil about how I could never settle down with just one kind of tea.  He's pretty much in the same boat.  He said he couldn't even be faithful to just tea, since he occasionally drinks coffee.  I can't stand the taste of coffee, but I will never say no to an offered hot chocolate.

We agreed that we're both tea sluts.  I think I'd like a different word though, if only because I love looking looking up terms for being easy.  Tea Hussy?  Tart?  Trollop?  What else could be used?


Oh yes, because it was St. Pat's day yesterday, I decided to treat myself to a green tea latte:


My beverage of choice for St. Pat's.  Much less likely to get me in silly situations than beer.  Better tasting, too.


'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment