Saturday, October 22, 2011

Somebody has turned the cranky up to 11 today.


I’m going to try and write this out without murdering anyone.

I’m working on this cup of ginger mint tea right now because I usually try and limit the caffeine consumption during this time of the month.  I don’t know if it actually helps at all, but it FEELS like it helps, and that’s enough for me right now.

Except that mornings have suddenly become an enormous struggle to not punch everyone I see in the face.  (Except my mom of course.  No matter how cranky I am, I would never want to hurt mom.  Because I know that she would make me suffer for the rest of my life.)
Caffeine is very good for random face-punching prevention. Ginger mint is not really as good for that, although my tummy was feeling a bit wibbly wobbly earlier, and now it seems to have settled, so I guess it’s a good thing I have my ginger mint with me.

I brought a tin of Hot Rod (World Tea House), just in case.  For the sake of everyone else’s face, you understand.  My stomach may end up being calm as a silvery pool of water on a windless day, but my mood definitely isn’t. If I get too stabby, hopefully that will calm me down enough to put down the letter opener.

You know what I think will fix all of this?  That coconut cocoa pu-ehr I posted about earlier.  Chocolate + Tea = everything I need to calm down. I don’t care if it isn’t caffeine free I want it anyway.

I got my cup of goodness.  I feel significantly less like punching faces now.  The cup + one toffee oatcake has lifted my mood significantly.

Actually, I just really want some chocolate.  And a nap.  The chocolate at least, I know I’ll have time for after work. The nap, not so much.

Here's to not stabbing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment