Sunday, April 17, 2011

My mom is the bestest mom.

Today is, individually, a pretty crappy day, but I'm still feeling optimistic.  Which is awesome because, like I said, today is a crappy day.
But first, I'll tell you what I whipped up yesterday:

I was cramping like crazy yesterday.  I know this is way too much girly information for some of you, but I don't really care.  I usually only have one day once a month where I want to curl up in the fetal position and cry, and that day was yesterday.  And it was all day.  It was the suck.

As soon as I got home, I made myself some ginger mint hot chocolate.  I had to use water for all of it because I'm trying to avoid milk to see if I feel any better.  It was still pretty delicious.  I think I'd like to try something a little spicier in my hot chocolate next time

Mom had gone grocery shopping and also brought home a bottle of Simply Apple Juice.  So I mixed that up with some chai and it was DELICIOUS.  For a while I used to drink a bunch of vanilla chai apple juice that my mom picked up from the store, but I think I might just start making my own.  Mine was way better anyway, and not as sweet.  For this one I used the rooibos chai, since I'm still trying to avoid too much caffeine, but I think it might be a bit better with black tea.  Mom said she might even like something like that for a punch at her wedding. =D

Now, for all my talk of avoiding caffeine, I still brewed up a cup of Tali's Masala Chai (World Tea House) this morning.  I'm not sure if it's even caffeine as much as just needing some tea to sip on.  That got me out the door, at least.

Now, for why today is crappy:  I don't get a lunch break, again.  I nearly forgot my allergy meds, and when I went back in to get them, I left my lunch and travel mug behind.  I was sure I was going to starve AND be without tea all day.

But then mom called, and even though she had no reason to come all the way over to Halifax from Dartmouth, she (and my Aunt Susan, who was driving) came over and dropped off my lunch and my tea.  The tea (Rooibos Chai, World Tea House) was only lukewarm, but I didn't care.  It was still wonderful.
Plus I get to eat.  Food is awesome, and it keeps me from a)dying b)killing others out of crankyness.
And I'm going to need patience today, because I'm pretty sure it's going to get busy at work today...

So, not everything is fixed, but it's bearable.  Thank you mom! (And thank you for driving her Aunt Susan!)

1 comment: